Initial Press Kit for Therese Tappouni – contact us for more information
The Gifts of Grief: Finding Light in the Darkness of Loss was released from Hierophant Publishing in April 2013
Contact Therese Tappouni through this website for further information
“Grieving is a healing process…
and this book by Therese Tappouni gives you
the resources, comfort, confidence, courage and gifts of grief that only a genuine healer can.
– Dr. Steven Gurgevich, Psychologist, Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Arizona College of Medicine
“The Gifts of Grief” is elegantly written, practical in its methods,
and can help many, many people to overcome the effects of loss and tragedy in their lives. Therese’s personal experience and her heart-centric approach to understanding grief
are truly inspirational.”
– Howard Martin, EVP, HeartMath® Co-author, The Heart Math Solution
About the Author
While the road has been difficult and dark at times, Therese Tappouni’s experience with grief and loss have nurtured her passions for counseling, writing, teaching and speaking about the human connection and the need for a new kind of understanding around grief. She is a licensed HeartMath® Trainer, a Somatic Intuitive Training Practitioner, grief counselor, teacher and, most importantly, a mother. Her Whole Heart workshops are intuitive and important for those who are open to this personal journey. She has appeared on radio shows from Alaska to California and Florida to New York, and on television multiple times in California and Florida. She is the author of multiple books and the creator of CDs of Meditation and Visualization that accompany her books. She has also collaborated with Grammy-nominated composer Michael Hoppe on various projects. Her focus includes:
- Global grief
- Tools for living
- HeartMath® Training
- Resilient Living
About “The Gifts of Grief: Finding Light in the Darkness of Loss”
Retail Price: $16.95
Finalist, USA Best Book Awards in Non-Fiction, 2013
The death of a loved one, a financial catastrophe, a debilitating illness of the ending of a marriage can be catastrophic to you. In the dark moments that follow these losses, life can seem hopeless and unbearable. Author Therese Tappouni knows this journey all too well. After suffering the devastating loss of her 11-year-old son, she ultimately came to the realization that it is possible to not only heal from grief, but also find gifts from the deepest places of despair.
This book explores the grieving process and examines new ways to heal from the inside out. Couched in Tappouni’s warm and comforting prose, and steeped in examples from her own experiences with deep loss, Therese is able to walk the reader through the grieving process, while keeping in mind that the journey will be different for every person.
Complete with guided meditations and journaling exercises, this book offers a compassionate path from loss and emptiness into wholeness, teaching not only how to survive grief, but also how to adapt and evolve new blessings as well.
- You say that we are experiencing a time of “global grief.” What do you mean by that?
- What led you to write this book and why do you say we “cannot heal simply by positive thinking?” Isn’t this going against what we have been taught is true?
- What tools can you give our audience to help them recognize and relieve the symptoms of grief that they may not even know they are experiencing, as in global grief?
- How do you help people to move on in the grieving process when they have experienced something horrific, like the shooting of children in an elementary school?
- What is it that you find slightly “off” in the steps of grief popularized by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross?
- Why do you warn against the new 2013 instructions for dealing with grief found in the 5th Edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or, in the mental health community, the DSM? Isn’t this the bible of psychiatry and psychology?
- If you could tell people one thing you know for sure about grief, what would it be?
- What about people who have trouble meditating or visualizing?
8301 Broadway, Suite 219, San Antonio, TX 78209
Breaking Ground Education Services
4218 Highway Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32254